TERMS AND CONDITIONS / DISCLAIMER NOTICE / INDEMNITY
Cottage On Quiet
7 Quiet Street, Claremont, Cape Town
Acceptance of Terms
The Supplier permits the use of this website subject to these terms and conditions. By using this website in any way, you shall be deemed to have accepted all terms and conditions unconditionally. You cannot use this website if you do not agree the terms and conditions. The use of the accommodation is subject to agreeing with the terms and conditions set out.
Terms and Conditions:
1. Guest/s attend this establishment at their own risk.
2. The Proprietor, its agent/s and/or its employee/s (“the Proprietor”) shall not be liable for, and the guest/s hereby waive/s and abandon/s any claims of whatever nature including but not limited to that for theft, injury, loss or damage of whatever nature, against the Proprietor, whether arising from the Proprietor’s default, negligence or otherwise.
3. The guest/s, in addition to the aforesaid, hereby indemnify the Proprietor against any claims which may arise from whatever nature, whether arising from the Proprietor’s default, negligence or otherwise.
4. Any damage suffered by way of personal injuries of any nature and severity whatsoever sustained whilst at Cottage On Quiet or whilst using any facilities, regardless of whether such injuries were caused by or resulted from gross negligence or a wrongful act of the owner and/or management and/or employees OR if the injuries were caused by malfunctioning of any apparatus and/or equipment and/or appliance, is hereby excluded and the owner and/or management and/or employees of Cottage on Quiet Street is hereby expressly indemnified.
5. The use of all equipment and facilities is at your own risk. The owner and/or management of Cottage On Quiet, and/or anyone employed by the afore going persons and/or entities are hereby absolved of all and any responsibility relating to any injury, damage, illness or death whilst at Cottage on Quiet and whilst on the premises and/or using any of the facilities.
6. The said owner and/or management and/or employees are hereby indemnified against any loss or damage to the property and possessions including but not limited to data loss of a person whilst a guest at Cottage On Quiet. Regardless of the cause of such loss or damage, including but not limited to gross negligence or any wrongful act of the aforementioned owner and/or management and/or employees
Whilst every care has been taken at Cottage On Quiet to ensure the safety of guests and possessions whilst enjoying the accommodation, the following House rules have been included
7. Cottage On Quiet or the owners do not accept any liability for loss of or damage to any valuables or property belonging to guests or their visitors. This includes but is not limited to, photographic quipment, laptops and data contained therein or other electronic devices, jewellery, cash and vehicles. Please note that there is a safe on the premises for the use of guests, it is expected that guest utilize these facilities. In the event you are unsure please ask a member of our staff.
8. It is the sole responsibility of all guests to ensure the safety and security of themselves and their belongings, as well as taking out adequate insurance coverage on all valuable items and have the appropriate travel/business insurance to cover any circumstances that will prevent them from fulfilling these obligations. This should be done prior to arrival at Cottage On Quiet.
9. Should Cottage On Quiet suffer any loss or damage as a result of an act or omission by a guest or visitor of a guest, the guest will remain liable for full reimbursement of such loss or damage incurred and will be billed accordingly.
10. Cottage On Quiet at all times reserves the full right of admission and accepts no liability for any loss or damage that may result from the legal and reasonable exercising of such rights. Guests whom wish to bring other guests not registered to stay at the establishment are to consult our website for booking procedure.
11. The comfort of our guests, Cottage On Quiet is a strictly non- smoking accommodation establishment except for outside guest areas. In the event smoking is detecting fines equivalent to that of South African legislation will be applied.
12. Minors are the sole responsibility of the parents, guardian(s) or the person or persons in whose care they are whilst at Cottage On Quiet or whilst using its facilities.
13. Kindly note that no pets are allowed.
Limitation of Liability
The supplier shall in no way be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential injury, loss or damage which might arise from your use of, or reliance upon, any material or content contained in the website, or any unlawful activity on the website caused beyond the reasonable control of the supplier.
You herby indemnify the supplier against any loss, claim or damage which may be suffered by yourself or any third party arising in any way from your use of this website or by the receipt by you of an electronic mail from the supplier or one that purports to emanate from the supplier, unless the loss, claim or damage arises as a result of the gross negligence of the supplier.
Please note that as of May 2014, the Immigration Act 13 of 2002 (“the Act”) has been amended. Section 40 (1) of the Act, read together with regulation 36, states that, inter alia, all establishments offering accommodation or lodging must keep register containing details of all persons and must contain his or her full name and surname, a copy of his or her identification document or passport, his or her residential status in the republic of RSA and his or her residential address.